Careers information Advice – Entitlement
All young people at The Levett are entitled to:
- Support from a personal tutor who knows them well and who can help them to access specialist advice and ensure any learning needs or issues are quickly addressed.
- High quality programme of careers education which helps young people to plan and manage their own careers
- Impartial information advice and guidance about learning and work options including about Apprenticeships, Diplomas, Foundation Learning and GCSEs/A Levels
- Information, advice and guidance about the benefits of higher education and how to access the opportunities that it affords
All young people at The Levett are entitled to access through wider commissioned services and external providers:
- One to one advice and support from specialist careers adviser when needed
- Information and discussion in lessons and group sessions to help students make informed decisions about their future
- Activities and events such as work experience/employability workshops
- Information on local learning programme for 14-19 year old's
We are committed to the vision laid out in the DfE January 2018 document “Careers Guidance and Access for Education and Training Providers” in that:
- The Levett has begun to offer every young person at least one meaningful encounter with employers per year, from Years 7 to 9.
- The Levett has appointed a named person to the role of Careers Leader.
- The Levett has published details of its careers programme.
- The Levett has begun using the Gatsby Benchmarks to improve careers provision, aiming to ensure that all of them are met by the end of December 2024.